"Amie" by Pure Prairie League.

OK, boys and girls, more 70s one-hit wonders: Singer/songwriter/guitarist Craig Fuller wrote, sang lead vocals and laid down the guitar tracks for this 1972 country-rock standard. First recorded by his Ohio-based band as an album cut in '72. As its popularity grew, it was released as a single in '75. Superb harmonies and understated acoustic playing, "quintessentially 1972". #27 Billboard Hot 100, #20 Adult Contemporary. The band's name comes from a fictional temperance union in the 1939 Errol Flynn western "Dodge City". Band? Tune? Answer: "Amie" by Pure Prairie League. I love the song but, every time I hear it, it reminds me of one night in Bryn Mawr, PA when the entire surgical house staff went to a local country bar. I got introduced to Jack Daniels as the house band was playing "Amie". I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember too much after that - first and only time I've had Jack Daniels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEhyOIwAlZw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Surf City" by Jan and Dean.

"In The Summertime" by Mungo Jerry.

Jamaica Farewell by Harry Belafonte.